WFCM CommitteesWFCM Committees are comprised of WFCM employees, our Board of Directors and volunteers. They meet once every other month, during the weekday, for 1-2 hours. The following is a list of WFCM Committees and their descriptions:
The Development/Fundraising Committee is responsible for developing, in conjunction with the Board, and the Executive Director, staff and volunteers, plans to broaden the funding base of WFCM. The committee is responsible for overseeing revenue generation efforts including fundraisers, grant writing and donor development. It is responsible for identifying and establishing means to deliver other sources of revenue to support the WFCM mission. This may include:
- Fundraisers such as the Annual Fellowship Dinner or Bread and Water Campaign.
- Development activities such as attending the Reston Chamber of Commerce meetings and events.
- Assisting grant writer with research and expediting grant proposals.
The Public Relations Committee is responsible for enhancing the relationship between WFCM and its supporting churches, donors and the community. It ensures that a positive dialogue is maintained with WFCM supporters. It also ensures that the messages WFCM projects to the community are accurate and consistent with our mission and vision through activities such as (but not limited to):
- Church Champion events and communications.
- Fundraisers (in conjunction with other Committees and/or WFCM employees).
- Special initiatives (sometimes in conjunction with WFCM employees).
The Thrift Store Committee is responsible for insuring maximum revenues for the Thrift Store. This may include activities such as:
- Having special events/sales.
- Reviewing pricing techniques.
- Reviewing donations and merchandise.
- Collaborating with WFCM employees to ensure that marketing efforts are maximized.
The Programs Committee will work very closely with WFCM employees in evaluating current programs and in developing and implementing client services. It will be involved in exploring options, especially as they relate to the delivery of services, such as:
- Food Pantry operations and policies.
- Client services screening and provision.
- Outreach activities such as backpack program, holiday assistance and walkathons.
The Annual Fellowship Dinner Sub-Committee is responsible for planning WFCM’s largest fundraiser of the year. The dinner is usually held in October and the committee starts planning in January.
If interested in volunteering, please contact Annette Bosley.