Volunteer ProgramWFCM's Volunteer Program is the heart of our operation and is an essential part of our mission. Our volunteers unselfishly give their time and are dedicated to serving our neighbors in need. Our core volunteer support is essential and without them, there is absolutely no way that our employees could provide all the services that we do for our local community. We are extremely grateful for all of our volunteers!
Opportunities for volunteer service vary in complexity. For example:
- They serve on our Board of Directors, and they act as liaisons between us and our supporting churches.
- They pick up and deliver food from local grocery stores and restaurants, stock shelves, assist clients with shopping and bagging their food.
- Some volunteers answer the phones, greet clients and make appointments.
- We also have volunteers who teach a budgeting class, provide transportation to medical appointments, meet with new clients and those needing financial assistance.
- We even have a resident "Mr. Fix-it" volunteer, who has helped us with many repair issues!
During FY 2014, we had 345 volunteers that gave over 15,382 hours of service! Note: Numbers do not include small groups who volunteered in the thrift store or individuals who volunteered during the Boy Scout "Scouting for Food" Drive.