Volunteer ProgramWFCM's Volunteer Program is the heart of our operation and is an essential part of our mission. Our volunteers unselfishly give their time and are dedicated to serving our neighbors in need. Our core volunteer support is essential and without them, there is absolutely no way that our employees could provide all the services that we do for our local community. We appreciate our volunteers and cannot thank them enough!
Opportunities for volunteer service are endless and vary in complexity. For example:
- They serve on our Board of Directors, and they act as liaisons between us and our supporting churches.
- They pick up and deliver food from local grocery stores and restaurants, stock shelves, assist clients with shopping and bagging their food.
- Some volunteers answer the phones, greet clients and make appointments.
- Thrift store volunteers assist us by working as cashiers, accepting donations, sorting and hanging clothing and keeping our thrift store clean and organized.
- We also have volunteers who teach a budgeting class, provide transportation to medical appointments, meet with new clients and those needing financial assistance.
- We even have a resident "Mr. Fix-it" volunteer, who has helped us with many repair issues!
During FY 2013, we had 840 volunteers giving 15,647 hours of service!
Limited and long-term volunteer opportunities are available to individuals and groups, and scheduled ongoing service hours are available.
Interested in volunteering? Please print and fill out a volunteer application and mail, fax and scan or email it back to Annette Bosley. Annette is also happy to answer any questions you might have.